Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sunday 1/8/12 my notebook of lists...

I make lists, then I know what needs to be done. This helps because then I don't need to keep trying to remember what needs to be done, I can just look at my list. As long as the list isn't lost, everything is OK. The problem is that on a lot of lists, I am a list maker, and not a list doer. If it is a list about what to do this weekend, like match the clothes for the week, we can usually accomplish those lists. When I make a longer term list, a lot of it doesn't get done...or it takes a really long time. For a while I was making long term lists, not accomplishing most of it, and loosing the list. Then I got a small notebook. In the front I put short term items, like fill out Christmas cards or check everyones winter jacket to see if they still fit. I didn't think that there was that much to write but it ended up taking four pages...don't laugh, it's a small notebook.


In the back of the notebook, I put long term items like move to a new house. The notebook was started last summer. The simpler things have been crossed off, but there is still a lot left to do...even in the front of the notebook. Each page has some crossed off and some not crossed off. The items that still need to be done need to be put on a new sheet and the old pages thrown away. It will be easier to see what needs to be done. Having a list that won't get lost has helped. I have started to make a plan for what to do this summer. One of my New Year's resolutions is to accomplish at least one item from these lists each week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joyce! I have lists...or rather notebooks full of lists!!! No joke! My children range in age from 3-18, I HAVE to have lists. Their schedules and needs, I would NEVER remember. Lists and filled calendars. smile. You can visit and follow me back at brainlessmomof7.blogspot.com
@brainlessmomof7 twitter
brainlessmomof7 facebook

Debra P said...

Hi Joyce! I make lists too! :) I am now following your blog on GFC! :)

Motherhood on the Rocks said...

Did I write this?! ha! I LOVE lists! It would be interesting to keep the notebook as is and see where you are in a year.