Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday 9/29/08 driving...

On the way home on Saturday I asked William if he was ready to learn to drive. He said ''Yes.'' and was smiling. I am not ready for him to take the car, but I would like William to be able to drive. When we got to our driveway we pulled in and switched places in the car. William adjusted the seat and we discussed which pedal is the brake and which is the gas. He practiced going forward about two feet and stopping the car. William did this a few times up to the garage door. He needs to get a learners permit. Are the rules for getting a license any different since he will be nineteen next month? I would love to teach him how to drive a stick shift car. It is nice to know how to drive both kinds of car. The problem is that I have a automatic car.

No comments: